Welcome to Whole Food Wednesdays! You’re invited to come and share your real food recipes using the Linky below. We’re excited to see what yummy things you’ve been creating and what great informational posts and videos you’ve got for us!
The one thing I learned from my yoga challenge
1 week has passed since my 30 Day Yoga Challenge. It’s not the first time I’ve done a 30 Day Yoga Challenge, but its funny that I keep learning the same thing. Maybe learning is the wrong word. Obviously I haven’t learned it, if I keep learning it…If you get my drift.
So what is this ONE thing? What is this super important thing for me to remember?
Making the time for myself! Crazy but true. And, I know I’m not alone. Many woman struggle with making the time for themselves or putting themselves first amongst the demands of the family or work.
I have a hard time making time for myself!
Say “I” if this is you.
It’s funny how my little monkey brain can find a million and one more important things to do than exercise, yet its the one crucial thing I NEED to do to give me that vitality to get through my day. After all, I want this body to last me at least a hundred years. If I want a fighting chance of that happening, I better be working out.
So how was the challenge?
Well, it was great. Challenging, but great. I am so glad the 30 day challenge is over, but I’m also so glad I did it. It just solidifies the importance of finding the time to do things that make me feel better, more energized, healthier and stronger. Its good to be reminded of this from time to time. It helps me stay on track.
Lets take a moment for gratitude
So let us raise our glass to a healthy strong body that keeps on giving, day in and day out. A body that gives us the energy to do all that we do everyday, as we relentlessly put it through the gears.
What types of activities do you do that keep you energized, healthy and strong?
Joshua and I are big fans of at home workouts. We love the “no membership fees,” no travel time, and instant access to a shower to get clean and move on with our day. This makes our workouts fast and efficient, which is super important to me since I have a hard time carving time out of my day to workout. For me this makes exercise possible.
Here are some of our tried and true home workout tools we love and continue to use over the years.
Most recently, My Yoga Online, which allows me to stream my workouts. This is great because they are constantly adding new content so there’s always new classes to take.
Insanity with Shaun T. An insane workout for people who want results and like to push themselves to the max.
Brazil Butt Lift with Leandro Carvalho, A surprisingly great workout. My favorite is the all over body sculpt in this 5 dvd set.
Most of The Biggest Loser Series (all except the ones by Jillian, she just makes me angry)
Chalene’s Turbojam, we did this one so much we actually wore out the dvd…
Oh and one of our favorites is Toni Horton’s P90 Master Series
How do you carve out the time for exercise in your busy day?
Whole Food Wednesdays
Welcome to Whole Food Wednesdays!
- 1. Follow Beyond The Peel on Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest. It’s very easy to do and there are also buttons at the bottom of this page to do so.
- 2. Introduce yourself, your blog, and what you’re about in the comment section and a small blurb about what you’re sharing. This way people can get to know you a little bit right off the hop and hopefully follow you as well.
- 3. Be sure to add a link in your post back to this post. Simple linky etiquette. This allows your readers to find other posts that may help them on their journey.
- 4. If you’re sharing recipes, the only requirement is that the ingredient list be comprised of real food only, that means non-processed food items. That being said, we are all in different places on our real food journey, some more advanced than others. I invite all of you to share, no matter where you are on your journey, but I ask you to stay mindful when sharing your recipes that this is a whole (real) food blog. This means, no ingredient lists that include edible oil products (velveeta, frozen whip topping), protein powders, ketchup, white flour or white and brown sugar.
- 5. Less of a rule but more a suggestion: Retweet, Stumble, or Pin this post so EVERYONE gets more exposure and traffic. It’s win-win for everyone.
- 6. Don’t have a blog? That’s ok, we’d still love to hear from you. Write your recipes or tips in the comment section so we can get to know you too!
- 7. Please visit some of the links below. After all, that’s how we’ll get to know each other!
Now it’s your turn to share your whole food recipes and ideas!
I’m sharing this with This Chick Cooks, Allergy Free Wednesday, The Tasty Alternative, Real Food Wednesday, Simple Lives Thursday, Pennywise Platter Thursday, Full Plate Thursday, Friday Food Flicks, Fight Back Friday, and Foodie Friday.