Welcome to Whole Food Wednesdays! You’re invited to come and share your real food recipes using the Linky below. We’re excited to see what yummy things you’ve been creating and what great informational posts and videos you’ve got for us!
Ever get random cravings out of no where and you just have to eat that random food item?
It’s 10 am and I’m craving Thai Coconut Curry Mussels.
Don’t worry, I waited until 1 pm to have them so it wouldn’t be quite so weird. And boy were they Yummy.
Here’s the recipe.
Thai Coconut Curry Mussels
- 1 lb mussels
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1 cup water
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 lemon grass stalk, cut in half lengthwise
- 4 kaffir lime leaves finely sliced
- 1 tsp fish sauce
- 1/2 tsp sriracha chili sauce
- salt to taste
In a large sauce pan with a lid, add all the ingredients except the mussels. Crush the lemon grass stalk using the back of a spoon. Cover and bring the coconut mixture to a simmer and allow the flavors to develop for approximately 10 minutes. Meanwhile, clean and scrub the mussels and remove any beards. Remove any mussels with an open shell. Add the mussels to the pot. Cover and allow to steam. The mussels are cooked when the shells open. Discard any unopened shells. Serve in a large bowl with some of the coconut stock.
- 1. Follow Beyond The Peel on Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest. It’s very easy to do and there are also buttons at the bottom of this page to do so.
- 2. Introduce yourself, your blog, and what you’re about in the comment section and a small blurb about what you’re sharing. This way people can get to know you a little bit right off the hop and hopefully follow you as well.
- 3. Be sure to add a link in your post back to this post. Simple linky etiquette. This allows your readers to find other posts that may help them on their journey.
- 4. If you’re sharing recipes, the only requirement is that the ingredient list be comprised of real food only, that means non-processed food items. That being said, we are all in different places on our real food journey, some more advanced than others. I invite all of you to share, no matter where you are on your journey, but I ask you to stay mindful when sharing your recipes that this is a whole (real) food blog. This means, no ingredient lists that include edible oil products (velveeta, frozen whip topping), unfermented tofu, protein powders, ketchup, white flour or white and brown sugar.
- 5. Less of a rule but more a suggestion: Retweet, Stumble, or Pin this post so EVERYONE gets more exposure and traffic. It’s win-win for everyone.
- 6. Don’t have a blog? That’s ok, we’d still love to hear from you. Write your recipes or tips in the comment section so we can get to know you too!
- 7. Please visit some of the links below. After all, that’s how we’ll get to know each other!
Now it’s your turn to share your whole food recipes and ideas!
I’m sharing this with These Chicks Cook, Cast Party Wednesday, Allergy Free Wednesday, The Tasty Alternative, Whole New Mom, Real Food Wednesday, Pennywise Platter Thursday Simply Lives Thursday, Full Plate Thursday, Food Friday, Friday Food Flicks, Freaky Friday, Foodie Friday.